Cheese Burger in Paradise
Green Coat Catering
- 2 (12 ounces) boxes Vanilla Wafers
- 2 (10 ounces) packages of peppermint girl scout cookies
- ½ C of prepared Vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring
- 1 C shredded coconut
- Tube of yellow icing
- Tube of red icing
- 1 C sugar
- 2 C water
- 1/4 cup sesame seed
- Place whole perfect vanilla wafers on 2 sheet trays.
- One wafer facing up and the other facing down (Each tray should have the same number of wafers)
- Boil water and sugar to make sugar water. Let cool.
- For the “cheese”, Add yellow and red food icing until desired orange color.
- In a zip-lock bag add green food coloring and coconut and shake to coat.
- Use dab of frosting to “glue” peppermint cookies on to face up wafer. (This is your burger.)
- With rubber spatula cover the center of the mint cookie with orange icing to resemble a square of cheese.
- Squirt Red and yellow icing to resemble Ketchup and Mustard.
- Put a pinch of green coconut on top to resemble Lettuce
- Repeat until all burgers are done.
- Top each cookie with other wafer (flat side down to resemble top of a bun).
- With quick hands brush wafers with sugar water and sprinkle with sesame seeds simultaneously so the sugar water does not have time to absorb.
Keep in cool dry place until you serve and enjoy!