Summer Green Bean Salad
Green Coat Catering
- Kosher Salt
- 1 pound slender Green Beans, ends trimmed
- 1 cup Garlic & Herb Feta Cheese crumbles
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped Red Onion
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered Almonds
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Basil
- 1 large clove Garlic, minced
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
Boil a large pot of salted water. Add the green beans and cook al dente, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and pour green beans into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain well, pat dry and place the beans in a large bowl. Combine with the feta cheese, tomatoes and red onions.
Sauté/Toast the almonds in a small skillet with tablespoon of butter and salt, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a paper towel to cool.
Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, basil, garlic and some salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the green beans and sprinkle with the toasted almonds. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.